Services at The St Pancras and Somers Town Living Centre
We have been working hard to ensure the programme of activities that The St Pancras and Somers Town Living Centre provides is what the community have asked for. Below is an overview of the services the centre provides, with more to be added.
The Somers Town Job Hub
The Somers Town Job Hub is housed within the centre and offers the following services:
- Employment advice on a one-to-one and group basis
- The opportunity to find out about job vacancies, apprenticeships and volunteering roles
- Join employability-related clubs, activities and training courses
- Access support for application forms, CVs and interview techniques
- Find out about other support and advice services linked to employment situation (e.g. healthcare, childcare, language, welfare and benefits)
- Meet and exchange experiences with people in similar circumstances
- Enrol on accredited training courses delivered by Working Men’s College and Training Link, such as ESOL and Level 1 Administration.
For more information, please contact Julia Marcus email@example.com or call on 020 7380 0453
Ageing Better in Camden
We Are Ageing Better is an innovative project for people aged 60+ aimed at tackling loneliness and isolation in the ward of St Pancras and Somers Town. The project is co-designed by local older people who are at the centre of everything we do. Our members make decisions about what events and activities are fun for the local community and so use the skills and expertise they have built up during their lifetime. New ideas and thoughts are always welcome! The project is open to anyone aged over 60 who lives, works or socialises in the ward of St Pancras and Somers Town. We Are Ageing Better is part of the Ageing Better Camden project, funded by the Big Lottery.
For more information call Jess Grieve, Project Coordinator on 07919 598375 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women booked to have their baby at UCLH are offered care in the community during pregnancy and after the birth of their baby. We provide this in a weekly clinic at The Living Centre.
The clinic is open every Tuesday and attendance is by appointment.
The service is run by Debra Kroll, Community Midwifery Team Leader and Georgina Newson, Community Maternity Support Worker.
The Specialist Perinatal Mental Health Service provide care and treatment to women who have mental health difficulties during pregnancy and up to one year after having a baby. They run a weekly clinic.
For further information about our services please speak to your community midwife or contact the community midwife office on 0203 447 9567 or email email@example.com.
At the St Pancras and Somers Town Living Centre, Healthwatch Camden provides information, both face-to-face and via their “Signposting” service. Signposting refers to a range of activities at The Living Centre, which are designed to help people to find and use services or local resources that support their wellbeing.
When you visit The Living Centre, you can:
- Talk to reception staff – they will be able to answer some of your basic queries
- Search Start here, Healthwatch Camden’s online guide to finding and using services
- Talk to Healthwatch Camden representatives who can give you more information
- Talk to Health Advocates – trained volunteers who can help you find the right help for you
- Ask to be referred to more specialist help – we can put you in touch with advocacy services and other support.